Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finally Some Cooperation

So after failing miserably on Wednesday morning during our first 3D picture attempt, Friday's afternoon appointment (second and final attempt) was a success!

On Wednesday, Lane was so far down that there was no moving him...he had found his nook and was staying there. We tried everything to get our little man to move. From chocolate kisses and tootsie rolls, to calisthenics. He just wasn't having any part of it. For a half hour we stared intensely at the screen before us, waiting and waiting for the slightest movement...heck, we would have taken anything at that moment. But no. 'Difficult' is the little man in the womb;)

So with our heads hung as though we had just lost the Gold, having been defeated by the 29 week old in my tummy, Shane and I went our separate ways for the day (Shane home to work on our BBQ and I to my classroom to begin preps for Monday's fresh batch of Kindergartners). We left with high hopes that Friday would be a new day and a new position. I went and drowned my sorrows with a McGriddle and OJ from Mcdonalds...I needed breakfast anyhow.

Friday couldn't have come slower...it seemed light years away after the disappointment we experienced Wednesday. But I must say, it was surely worth the wait. We had full cooperation from our little man on the inside. Shane had missed out on our last ultrasound/sonogram due to an academy he was in, he couldn't believe how much Lane has grown. He said he could have sat there all day watching his little guy and I couldn't agree more. We were all smiles throughout the appointment...and when I say all, that includes our little man too:)

Check out this cheese for the camera!



Keeping a watchful eye.
We had no idea that babies opened their eyes while inside
the tummy!
Can you spot the birdie in this next photo?

This picture has Matzen written all over it!

He is just like his uncle Larry:)

5 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Aw, he's gorgeous, girl!

We only did the 2D ultrasound at the doctor's office and when Lorelai was born, she looked just like she had in the womb. It's crazy how accurate these things are!

Lexie said...

He is so cute! I have only seen one other 3D, and its just so neat to me! Personally the last pic is the best though.

I have my ultrasound for this one in 3 weeks. I hear sometimes they will hook someone up to the 3d machine at the end for a minute or two. THat would be cool.

Good luck with school starting!

Anonymous said...

Those pics are awesome. He is officially a Matzen with that bird! LOL!!! Thanks for sharing. He's pretty darn cute. You know.....Peyton does like younger men!

Mrs. B said...

Hey ladies! You all seemed to enjoy Lane's new pics as much as we did:) We just can't figure out where/who he got those full bodied lips from???? If they actually last throughout his infant and toddler years, they will forever be a medical mystery. I was extremely hesitant at first with the whole 3D appointment...I've seen some pretty gnarly pictures before, but I couldn't be more excited about our adorable little Lane! Just imagine...in a couple years those 3D pictures will be so improved (minus the wart and blister look on the photos) that they will look so clean and perfect in their little nook.
Kell...can't wait for Lane to meet your craddle robbing daughter;) lol

Lexie said...

hope schools going well, ang.