Monday, August 3, 2009

My 8 Month Happenings!

Okay y'all. For some reason this blog thingy mommy has set up for me, isn't letting me edit and rearrange my work. So today we are going to do something different and start with some pics! Oh, and a quick shout out to my girl Peyton in N.C. We all hope your new baby sis gets here soon!
Patiently awaiting Peyton's baby sisters arrival
Okay...have the patience of an 8 month old. Time to play and wave at Daddy!

A few of my favorite things! Not the bars...just the stairs. Mommy says these are the only bars I had better EVER be behind!


My first play date with an older woman! Don't worry, it was supervised.


What you lookn' at punk? Yeah...that's a banged up eye. My first of many.


Love hanging out with Hagen in the yard while mommy waters her plants.


Hello people!



Swim lessons are a blast! Check out the elephant they let me play with.

Okay...now for my update....
Mommy reminded me today that it's been quite some time that I let all my lovely followers know what I've been up too...or getting into rather...hehehe. So I told mommy enough of her silly games and to go take a nap so that I could finally sit still and fill you all in on my 8 month happenings. You know I'm going to be 9 months on Wednesday! Can you believe it???

Over the past month I have learned to:

*Crawl on my hands and knees. I've been army crawling since 7 months and they've been trying to recruit me ever since!
*Pull myself up using any and all means necessary. I'm no longer laying or sitting in my crib awaiting mom and dad to come scoop me up. I'm standing at attention baby! Come to think of it, I don't like to sit much at all anymore...if I'm able to stand, I stand damn it:)
*Scaling the entire flight of stairs. I'm walking pretty dang well with some assistance if I do say so myself. I can even take the steps like a big kid, standing tall, with mom and dad's help of course...but not for too much longer.
*Teeth. Nope. Not me. Besides, mom is in love with my gummy smile:)
*Wave hello and goodbye. Sometimes I don't do it until you turn around, so be sure not to miss it:)
*Whistle and Snap. Okay, maybe not quite like mommy and daddy do (though neither of them whistle very well) but I am surely giving it a valiant effort.
*I've increased my vocabulary to contain "dog" and "duck".
*Can stay underwater for 5 seconds! I just love my swimming lessons with Daddy. I'm a natural.
So heading into my 9 month and I can only imagine what I will be up to! Mommy and Daddy say I need to just slow down...oh, and to stay out of Hagen's food. hehehe
Love you all!
Lane

4 comments:

Jack said...

Great post with great photos. Continued good luck and happiness with this little guy. I have two boys, and it's a lot of fun. And when you get a minute, I invite you to check out this short video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/1237 -- about the "aha moment" of one mother whose child put her life in a new perspective. I think you'll enjoy it and hope you check out the rest of the site as well.

Thanks,
jack@ahamoment.com

Madison and Mia's Mommy said...

Angie, I miss you so much. I love the pictures of Lane. Thank you so much for the wonderful updates. I can't believe 9 months already. Where does the time go? Lane is just precious. I can't wait to get our kids together. WE have to plan it someday soon! Peyton, Bristol and Madison are gonna be fighting to see who gets more attention from your Lane. LOL
I love you so much. Miss you TONS!
E

KDoug said...

Great mohawk buddy! You're rockin' that style. I have a feeling you will rock that for many years to come.

Great update. Thanks for the patience for Bristol's arrival. She's hear now and you can have your choice between an older lady or a younger chick. You're like right in the middle.

Take good care of your Mommy. She gets a little wild and crazy at times.

Lexie said...

Cute post and photos, Ang. Gotta frame baby's first black eye :) I can't believe 8 months... well 9 already! Time flies. He is a cutie. When do you go back to school? Probably soon.