Thursday, September 18, 2008

Two Down...One to Go

Mom threw me a fabulous ALL GIRL Baby Shower on Saturday (With Lane as the only exception of course...he will forever be V.I.P.). We had a lovely brunch, which by the way I was starving, being that the day before Lane had spent a majority of his day on my sciatic nerve, causing an overwhelming feeling of nausea when I ate (and the absence from work). FUN STUFF! The brunch was eagerly followed by the "Girlie Games" and my sitting for many minutes opening everyone's wonderful gifts. I actually had to apologize to everyone and open the last of my gifts while standing up. I just couldn't sit any longer...everyone just brought too many wonderful things, but I am not complaining:) So two baby showers down and our Halloween Costume Baby Shower yet to come! Oh Yeah!
On Wednesday, Shane and I met up at our 2 week doctor appointment with high hopes that we could get a 'guesstimation' as to Lane's ever growing size. Dr. J said to give it at least another 2 weeks before trying to make such assumptions on little Lane's size...but can you believe in 2 weeks we have our next appointment, and then after that it's already time to move on to our once a week checkups?!?!? CRAZY! Oh. And you will all be glad to hear I gained 3lbs...but that's also without a decent B.M. in 2 days. So I wouldn't be surprised if in the next day I may lose a pound in the potty...hehehe. I know you all are loving where this blog just went:) Leave it to me.
Here are some pics from the shower...Enjoy. XOXO


All tried to guess how big around I am, but only one came the closest...


And that was my grandma. Nani Kay!
Carole really enjoyed playing Hazel's Poopy Diaper Game:)
So did Nani and Helen...They really needed to catch up on their poopy diaper knowledge:)

But it was T who came out the winner of this name that stool game. You go girl!
Oh...and I must also mention that in the organization of this game, the fire department was on speed dial as the smell of burning plastic wafted through the kitchen from the microwave. Way to go Auntie Hazel! :) (No diapers were actually harmed in the making of this game).

Mom and Channy had to pose with Lane:)

Mom, Jamie (just announced pregnant with #2), Jordan, and Lila (Greatest salsa maker ever!)Mom, Carole, Grandma Helen, and both Nani'sLane will at least be dressed like an athlete...He could still end up Pres. Of the Chess Club and we would love him just the same;)Lane got 2 adorable and oh so soft Knot Blankets...Even I can't wait to cuddle up with them!The blankie over my shoulder was crocheted by a dear friend Diane whom wasn't able to make it, because currently they are living in Hawaii (poor them) but we are anxiously awaiting their arrival back on the mainland in early November!Jamie taking a closer look at Lane's quilt I made for his crib...just don't look to close or you will see the flaws...better yet, put it down before it falls apart;)

5 comments:

Lexie said...

Looks like a blast! Thanks for sharing. And so, how big WERE you around?

Mrs. B said...

You know...I am always hesitant when it comes to the "Girlie Parties", but we did have a great time. And I don't know how big around I actually am/was. I would tell you in toilet paper squares, but we used actual game ribbon. Hmmm...Gonna have to get back to you on that one:) Ha...Funny. I just grabbed the usb cord that downloads our pictures off our camera, and it fits around me perfectly!

Mixed Up Chromosomes said...

Looks like a great time was had and I love that they brought a crib on the porch!!! Enjoy the last few weeks!

Lexie said...

I hear ya on those parties, Ang. A lot of it is whose there as much as anything else.

Someone just suggested that I wear only a sports bra for Halloween and paint my belly like a pumpkin and let Lexie help decorate a jack o'lantern face on it, assuming it grows more by then. Umm, not so much my idea of a good costume, but you can do that for your party!

Now if only I knew the length of your USB cord :) You certainly don't look ginormous!

BTW, my weight gain was also without a good BM within a few days :) I hear ya on that, girl!

Rachelle said...

hey ang, it's rachelle. i've been following your blog through links on everyone else's pages. congrats on your upcoming miracle! looks like you'll be the first MD4 resident to have a boy first.