Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One Month To Go!

I can't believe how the time has flown since my last update...
Actually, more like the past nine months!

My pregnancy has truly been ripped straight from the Hallmark pages. It's storybook perfection...though in those story books they leave out the little things. You know...like being scared to death because of the trace of blood that was found in your urine or when baby decides to take a nap on your sciatic nerve. OUCH! Or the fact that your brain no longer functions normally (individual definition of 'normal' may vary) and seems to be decreasing in size by the second. Oh...and how you would rather deal with the acid reflux than chew one more TUMS, regardless of the flavor or that the veins in your legs may chose to mutate along a path that is not so attractive (though I am told may go away...I'll believe it when I see it)

So like I said...storybook...the newly revised addition that is.

Nah...it ain't so bad. But trust me. When Lane is old enough and that vein on the inside of my thigh has yet to "go away", he is going to get a mouth full from his mom.
I do catch myself thinking back quite a bit and replaying my experiences of the early stages of being pregnant and honestly, I think I've had it pretty good. I must admit, I'm going to miss each and every kick, punch, tickle, stretch and hiccup the little guy has done on the inside. It's going to be so strange to have an empty tummy that no longer kicks back.
In closing, I am attaching some recent picks to keep you all up to date on the haps in our life and my growing tummy...because I know that's what you really log on to see:) This first picture was taken before Shane and I headed out to celebrate my brother's bday with a dinner and show package downtown. I am now entering my 37th week. All these pictures were taken over the past few days, so consider them 36 week shots:)

36 week shot in the backyard before braving my first adventure to the new Scheels sports superstore that recently opened just a hope and a skip away from us.

Shane and Dad showing off the finished outdoor bar/que.

Thanks for all your help and hard work Dad!


Golfing at 36 weeks!


Instant belly shot. You gotta love it:) I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it...but what great form!


Firefighter Shane reporting for duty in my classroom for Fire Safety Week


Would show you more, but it's a no no to post pictures of the kids on your websites, etc...so keeping it G rated with only the backs of their cute little heads:)

All the kids loved Firefighter Shane and gave him big hugs to show they weren't scared or frightened of his goofy costume.

5 comments:

Mixed Up Chromosomes said...

I was going to request an update from you, I can't believe your almost there!! Towards the end of my pregnancy, I was eating tums every hour and really liked the tums smoothies, they weren't that bad. On the plus side, I haven't had heartburn since Victoria was born!! I also played golf during my pregnancy, but not at 36 weeks!

Mrs. B said...

Hey! So you do have some time to yourself...or are you breast feeding while your on the computer? I know how us girls can multitask...thank god:) Just the thought of the tums smoothies makes my stomach crawl...I don't know how you did it. I have to limit my intake for when it's really bad.

Lexie said...

Ahh, the veins... lets just say mine will go away... when I have it surgically removed!!! Although mine was a result of a superficial blood clot when I was pregnant with Lexie. However, it has flared up really bad the past few weeks, so I am now rocking the support hose... SEXY.

Thankfully didn't use many Tums at all. We shall see about this one. They say heartburn/acid=hair but Lexie had a lot of hair!

Firefighter Shane looks awesome. The kids love those things! Police Officer Paul will be reporting for duty after the New Year in Lexie's class.

You look fab! I really love the pic in blue. And I love the golfing pic. How could Jessica Simpson complain about her boobs while golfing compared to your belly?!?! Now, will you be able to golf and nurse at the same time? That would totally be a talent!

Huse Yo Mama said...

FINALLY, an update. :-) You are looking pretty darn gorgeous, girl. I hope you feel it. I loved pregnancy and remember a few days after Lorelai was born, getting a little frightened because I hadn't felt her kick in a while. Talk about pregnancy brain. Glad everything is going well for you. I pray it continues like that through delivery and infancy!

Mrs. B said...

I told my Dr. that I was going to get both moms together to try and get a better deal on vein surgery! You know...like BOGO:) Thanks for all the compliments, I do feel great...though if I could get a good BM today, I would feel fabulous! I always have to go there don't I...? And you know the thing about golfing...it is the boobs! And of course the occasional croptop shirt my belly causes:) But being that I have never really had a rack of such girth before, it totally changes your swing. Adapt and overcome ladies. Isn't that what we always have to do;)