Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lane's First Thanksgiving(s)

Lane is just adorable as ever and growing at a rapid speed! He is now 24 days old...already nearing the 1 month mark, which we can't believe. During his 2 week checkup, we found that he not only made his birth weight of 7.6 lbs. but that he was (then) 8 lbs...and as I said before, growing more and more with each minute of the day. He is in the 90% for his height/length and 45% for his weight. I can't wait for our 2 month checkup at the end of December. I'm betting he will be nearing 10 lbs. if not a bit more! I just can't get over how every morning when I wake to feed the little guy (in the earrrrrrly a.m.) he looks a bit bigger:)

You're never to young or to old to crack a little smile when it comes to GAS:)


We were very fortunate to have not only celebrated one, but two Thanksgivings surrounded by family and friends. First was Sunday in Fallon at Nani Irene's house, where Lane got to meet his two Great G-mas from my side of the family. Though he slept 95% of the afternoon away, he certainly didn't let everyone passing him around or the dogs barking at the doorbell, disturb his slumber.
Lane with Dad and G.G. Nani Kay

Lane, Mom and G.G. Nani Irene

Cousin Braelen...He gave Lane the best kisses

Lane with his Great Aunt Maureen

Nani teaching Lane how to cheat at cards

The 5% of the time he was awake. Nani adoring her great grandson while Papa torments (in the most loving way of course;)

Too much turkey the day before! Like father like son.

Thanksgiving Day! Our first bath...and first time peeing in his bath water
The fun never stops:)


The drying part wasn't as much fun.

All dressed up and ready to hit the road!

Yeah. The hat is still a bit big, but I just couldn't resist.

Thanksgiving at Grandma Carole's was delicious. So much food, I wished I had worn my maternity pants!!!

Lane, Dad, G.G. Helen and Cris

Lane, Gramma Amy and Papa Mike

The Billau Clan

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and friends!

Love you all!

3 comments:

Mixed Up Chromosomes said...

Finally, more pics! He's too cute and you look great, are you sure you just had a baby?!?!
Christine

Lexie said...

Yeah, umm, you look FAB!
Lane looks so handsome in his little hat. Looks like you had a nice day(s) with family.
I was so happy for the update!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICS! He is just precious. I agree with Crack - are you sure you had him? You look amazing. I was still wearing my maternity pants at that stage. Oh wait - I was actually at your wedding about this stage :) Keep the pics coming....

kel