Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where to begin...?

March has been busy, busy, busy. Not only did I celebrate my 4 month birthday, daddy and I got the entire gang together at an enormous bounce house warehouse, to surprise mommy for her big 3...0! She was sooooo excited. I think she forgot that evening who was the kid in the family. But acting like a child at 30 (or older) doesn't go without repercussions. Mommy acquired an almost black eye from Uncle Larry in the jousting arena and what she thought to be a broken toe from some point in the first 40 minutes of bouncing. Grandma Carole tore cartilage in her knee while trying to race someone through the squishy obstacle course! Yeah...I know...CHILDREN! But all are okay and have been healing well. No surgery required. I had such a fun time watching everyone that I forgot to take a nap. I stayed awake through it all and partied like a true rock star! Must admit, I was feeling it the next morning...I had to squeeze in an extra nap or two:)
Happy 30th Mommy!
I haven't seen that nursing bra before?
Go Grandma! GO!

Excuse the jammies folks...mommy thought I was just going to grandmas
and didn't know I should be in party attire.
Believe it or not, that's papa's feet you see.
He's hustling to beat someone through the obstacle course.
Mommy and Uncle Larry...still smiling even after the eye incident
Mommy and Daddy look silly
Auntie Cris giving daddy a beating

Okay, enough about mommy being a year older...how about me being a month older??? I can't believe how big I am getting. Mommy, once again cleaned out my closet and tore off the tags of my 3-6 month outfits...though the 6 months ones fit me the best. At my checkup I weighed in at 13.8 lbs and measured a towering 26.25 inches! Yep...Long string bean. That's me. I grew 2.25 inches in 2 months...that's just craziness. And what's up with those stupid shots??? OUCH! But I handled them like a big boy, mommy and daddy were so impressed with me. I just can't wait to get older so I can go for this ice cream stuff they keep talking about when I get my shots.

Last week I had a bit of an upset tummy, but only in the evening after dinner which mom thought was strange. Whatever it was, I managed to give the bug to mommy, both my papa's, and grandma Carole. They were dropping like flies...but I feel better! Daddy thought he may be getting it, but mommy and me have been doing our best to help him stay healthy.

Okay everyone, that's my in a nutshell update. Hope you like all the pics...and that you don't get my bug just by reading this:)

Love, Lane
"The Family Jewels"
I love my carrots!!!
And my feet...they taste so similar!
Holding my bottle all by myself...Mr. Independent
Happy St. Patty's Day!!!
Mommy just can't get enough of me!
Today Miss Berta painted my feet so I could make a rainbow!
We have so much fun at school!

When we got home, mommy put her tennies on and gave me my first pair of shades.

We took Hagen on a long walk...it is such a beautiful day. Now watch it snow tomorrow...

5 comments:

Lexie said...

Apparently our kids decided to get sick at the same time again!

Lane is getting so big and too stinkin' cute.

Happy birthday! Looks like fun. My mom took Lexie to a party at one of those places the day after Laney was born and ended up bouncing with her, etc. She was totally sore and crippled the next day.

Love the post

Madison and Mia's Mommy said...

I have a huge smile just reading the updates on baby Lane.
He is adorable. I love his smile. I want to squeeze him ;o)
What a cool idea for a birthday party. Glad to hear everyone is recovering well. LOL So sad that we can't hang, like we use to.
Love ya girl!

KDoug said...

He is so scrumptious. I can't wait to meet him. I love the photos. I think it's hysterical that Shane knows you so well that he planned a surprise party at a bounce place. That is perfect. Welcome to the thirties lady! I hope you got my b-day text.

Love,
Kel

Madison and Mia's Mommy said...

Angie I would love to go to on the Border with you. I would love to eat chips and salsa with you but don't forget the cheese dip. That is the best part.
Mama has told me all the stories about the two of you eating at on the border. Lane and I will have to keep up the tradition when your in town. ;o)
Love you,
Madison

Lexie said...

How can you mention On the Border without the drinks? (Man, I miss that place!) Hopefully your kids won't continue that part of the tradition...