Monday, December 29, 2008

Ouch!

Our little Lane had his 2nd checkup today and that means shots!!! The poor guy screamed the moment he felt the needle break skin. I immediately teared up...but also managed to take a few pics to commemorate the moment. Before the doctor gave him his shots, she informed us that he could react one of two ways:
1. He will scream and cry for a good couple of hours
2. He will sleep the next few hours

Shane and I were of course leaning towards the later. Well...the heavens must have parted at that very moment, because we had a sleepy baby for the three hours that followed. I just wish we could have taken him to Baskin Robbins or something for ice cream afterwards. He did such a great job!

His stats, at almost 8 weeks are 11.8lbs and 24 inches long (the size of an average 4 month old). He is in the 90% for height and 50% for his weight. He also had to show off for Dr. Tammy (as usual). She placed him on his tummy and he propped himself right up with his arms and held his head up getting a good look at us all. Such a show off...and again more pictures:)

Lane had a busy Christmas between seeing family in Fallon and a fun xmas day here in Reno with Shane's folks. For his grand and great grandparents, he had fun getting messy making "Billau" (hehehe) footprints that we decorated together...no seriously we did. Lane was strapped in the baby bjorn helping with the hot glue:)
"Billau" Feet

Opening presents at Gramma Amy's and Papa Mike's in Fallon

Modeling the new onesie his Daddy bought him:)

Big cheese for the camera

Opening up the locket Lane got me for xmas...put the smiley photo from above in it:)

Where's Lane?

Opening up presents sure takes it outta ya!

Looking at all the snow at gramma Carole and grampa Dave's on xmas day.

Hagen and Poo Poo get in on the family photo in front of the tree:)

Sooooooo BIG!!!

We hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

5 comments:

Lexie said...

OK, I can only imagine if he is rocking that onesie at 8 weeks what he will be wearing at 18!!! he he

I love the one where he's with all the gifts. Too cute!

Glad you had a great first Christmas!

Crap, 11.8 lbs and 24 inches is the size of a 4 month old? I really had a big kid the first time around...

Mrs. B said...

The 11.8 lbs isn't the weight of a 4 month old...well at least not a thriving one. The 24 inches in length though takes the cake. We can't believe how long he is!

KDoug said...

He is so freakin' cute. Remind me when he's 18 to keep my 20 year old far far away from him. I think Shane is going to have a totally different opinion when you guys have a little girl :)

Thanks for sharing all the pics. They are too cute.

Give that String Bean and huge kiss from us.

Madison and Mia's Mommy said...

I love the Christmas pics. Lane is too precious. Damm Ang you look hot too. TOTAL MILF. You go girl. I still have 7lbs I can't get off!!!
Got your message the other day, sorry did not call back, we were in North Carolina freezing our asses in 20 degree weather. We finally got back yesterday. Will call you soon. Glad you loved the gift.
I love ya!

Madison and Mia's Mommy said...

Glad you liked the pics. So about the leg up thing. She has been doing it for months. She does it in the carseat and highchair. When she does it we sing....one leg up one leg up...
I guess she is more like me than I thought. LOL
I like Kel's name for Lane...stringbean...give him a big hug and big kiss for me.
Love ya girl