Monday, July 7, 2008

The Fireworks Were All For Shane!

What a busy weekend!!! On Friday we not only celebrated our Independence, but also Shane's 3..th Birthday! We kicked it off with my parents coming up from Fallon to help us get started on our outdoor barbecue, which has been quite the waiting game. Just this past Thursday, we were able to get our concrete finished and ready to walk on. We have been attempting this feet for some time now and now that it was finished, the building was on! Which we are thankful not only for being able to get started and having my dad's help, but also for Shane having underwear on that day! He just can't bring himself to throwing his "work pants" away...


After putting in the hours outside, we prettied ourselves up and joined the rest of the gang for a delicious birthday dinner at The Melting Pot. Mmmm mmmm! I skipped on the dessert (Lane doesn't have much of a sweet tooth), but I could have certainly gone for another plate of the filet mignon!

After stuffing ourselves to the absolute limit, we peeled ourselves off the seats and made our way out of the restaurant. Before jumping into the truck though, I couldn't help but notice my husband's expectant belly! We just had to get another tummy shot right then and there, but this time of the two of us! I think Shane may be a little further along than I...?

Saturday morning, with our tummies back to a normal size (excluding myself of course), we woke before the sun to catch an early Tee Time with my parents. Seems crazy to wake yourself before 5 am to play golf, but with the extreme temperatures that begin to boil your skin around 11:00am, getting up at the crack of dawn to torture yourself voluntarily out on the golf course isn't so bad.

We finished off Shane's birthday weekend with a trip to Wally's Hot Springs in Genoa. Shane got an amazing massage, while I got an extremely painful salt "glow"...Yes, my skin is radiant and soft as can be, but holy sh*@ did it hurt! After my treatment I headed down to the pool to enjoy the sun and was soon joined by my newly rejuvenated husband. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous as he ranted and raved about his massage, when all I could say was feel how soft I am!

It was a fantastic weekend of work, play, eating and relaxing. I could definitely do it again...minus one salt glow:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shane,
HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!!
I was at Pyramid getting toasted in more ways than one. Looks like you 2 had a great time. Enjoy while you can.
See you on the road.