Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh My Goodness...


Who would have thought registering for a baby would take up half your day? Yeah. Yeah. I can hear the laughs all the way over here from you moms out there. But seriously. Can we say exhausting!
Shane and I spent 2.5 hours in Babies "R" Us today registering for Lane's arrival. I am so thankful we got it out of the way now, because I don't think either of us would have survived if we had chose to wait until September.


Lucky for us, we had an enormous amount of help from a forever friend of mine whom just happens to be employed by the gigantic baby store. Misti, whom some of you might recognize from our wedding (for reasons beyond our control...I wont go into great detail:) was an angel sent from above. She guided us through the store, holding our hands every step of the way. From breast pumps and soothing pacies, to special no-poke-your-brain q-tips. She knew it all and I must say I was very impressed. You'd think she has a few of her own rug rats pulling at her capris, but nope...just well schooled in baby's needs. I can only wonder where was this brain power in high school? Never mind...that's another blog for another time:)


And it never fails. Every time we step into Babies "R" Us, we run into someone we know. Every time! It's like the place to be now that I am old, married and with child. Dallas, my neighbor across the hall from me at school and great friend, just happened to be strolling through the aisles as well. She too teaches Kindergarten and has taught in the room next to mine for I believe three years now. Fortunately for Shane, she helped convince me that a "wipe warmer" was an excellent item to have. Seriously folks...a "wipe warmer"? I, actually my fanny to be more specific, certainly did not have the pleasure of feeling or even knowing what a warm wipe felt like. Unless of course we were out at the lake and mom had my diaper bag in the sun. Other than that, it just wasn't happening. So after threats from Misti calling C.P.S. on me for cold wipes and Dallas' thoughtful way of explaining Lane's arrival being in the colder months, I caved. I gave Shane the okay to point and shoot the gun to select the "wipe warmer" and told him that it would be his chore to keep it full and operating properly. Then, not to my surprise, Shane informed me that he had already snuck a shot at it while I was turned away. What an honest husband I have...so trusting;)

So, not only did we register today and not get to eat lunch until 1:30, being that it took us forever perusing Babies "R" Us, we also had to go to our routine checkup with my doctor. What a long day we had! The checkup went fabulous even though the lunch at Boston Market moments before may have added a few extra lb's. We have one more monthly checkup to go and then we are already moving up to our EVERY 2 weeks visits! Can you believe it's come to that already?!?! We need to get the nursery going!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll NEVER use the wipe warmer. I'll send you mine. It's still in the box. I got good advice that if you get the kid used to warm wipes then what do you do when you're out and about or at someone's house who doesn't have a wipe warmer? Peyton has not emotional trauma from not having her ass wiped with a warm cloth :)

LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Lexie said...

ha ha. i didnt even register for one.

Mrs. B said...

Okay...The wipe warmer has been officially exiled from our registry! I removed it from our list of needs and wishes a few days ago. It's funny...I would have never thought to buy such a thing, but I hear from so many moms out there that they are so great to have. I don't get it. I guess that's just the small town Fallon girl in me, that was deprived of warm wipes as a baby. Bitter....Nah

Anonymous said...

Well there is a solution of what to do when you out and about. We have a TRAVELING wipe warmer! Yep they have thought of everything for you little prince. So you better add it back on, or I know someone that will!! Love you
XOXO Misti