Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where to begin this blog???

Okay. I did it...or I am trying to do it at least. I'm referring to this blog of course. The setup and all is pretty easy, but figuring out where to begin is difficult!


I know the reason for starting 'My Billau Heaven' (this blog) was because of the little one tossing and turning about in my tummy, but now that I'm finally getting it up and running, I suddenly feel the urge to dial the good ol' Doc Brown from Back to the Future and tell you all how this blog came to be.


I promise not to go into great detail or make my story to long and drawn-out, but I do want to bring you up to the present, baby in my tummy kicking up a storm and showing more and more everyday, day...



Shane and I met (I know that's a horrible way to start, me promising to keep it short and all, but just have faith) on my mother's birthday, June 3, 2006 and married on his mother's birthday, September 8, 2007. Shane and I had become wine connoisseurs (or so we pretend) throughout our dating, which led Shane to his perfect proposal in Napa, February 17, 2007. The wedding was magical and a memory to look back on and embrace forever.



Fall came and went and winter was nearing it's end when Shane and I had "the talk". We both wanted a baby and agreed to start trying and stop practicing in March. Well...the Superbowl Party we had in the works bombed. The small gathering we had planned, soon turned into just Shane and myself. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time! We like to say we scored our own "Touch Down"!



So that was February 3...which takes us to February 14th...Valentine's Day. Shane surprised me with a visit back to Napa to celebrate our engagement anniversary. We had a blast that weekend tasting and spending till our teeth turned purple and our pockets grew light. There was one thing about that weekend I missed...my period!



We returned from our glorious weekend, talking only of if it could be true...and the following weekend, along with the help of an e.p.t. or two, we celebrated our test results and our to come, bundle of joy:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY - I'm the first comment on your official blog. I love it. It's so cute. So organized and so well written. I'm so excited you'll have a blog to document the baby. Yipee!

we love you bunches and can't wait to meet that bundle of joy!

Kel & Peyton

Anonymous said...

This is really cute, Angie! Have fun with this and I'll chat with you soon! Love ya!

-Dre

Patrick Ty Whitaker said...

Angie & Shane,
Congratulations and welcome to the dark side! HAHA.. you two are going to make awesome parents. We wish you all the luck with little Lane.

Angie, I never knew you were a writer.

-Abbi, Ty, & Ever